Friday, November 9, 2012

Whistler Inspiration!

I have a sticker on my car that says "Whistler is my Happy Place." I know, I'm a nerd like that, but it's true. I have been going to Whistler, BC since I was a kid and with just a 2 hour drive from home it's one of our family's favourite little get-aways.

I'm excited to be working on a little project at my 'happy place.' The condo is a great open space but a wee bit old school in some of the finishings. So far we have painted, new counter tops, new sinks, appliances and kitchen knobs. What a difference (before and after shots to come). We are working on a budget and it's amazing what you can do with a little inspiration from the local Home Depot.

Next, we're moving on to the fun part - the furniture! Here are few shots for inspiration. We are thinking neutrals and lots of texture and maybe even a little 'woodsy' wallpaper thrown in there for fun. I thought these pics are nice to share as this time of year we can all add a nice throw or new pillows to make our home a little more cozy/cabin feel. Enjoy!







Images via Pinterest, Homedesign, archdaily


No comments:

Post a Comment