Friday, November 25, 2011

A Craft Room?

Okay, I admit, I'm not that crafty. I admire all those wonderful DIYer's in blogland, and aspire to get a bit better. This leads me to "the craft room." While watching my favourite show on TV right now, HGTV Sarah's House, she and Tommy created a craft room in one of the spare bedrooms. When they first mentioned the idea I thought it could be a waste of a room but by the time I saw it done, I did a complete 180 and now I want one! As Sarah (Sarah Richardson that is) said: why not make an extra room for the family? Offices can only be used by one person and guest rooms rarely get used. The more I thought about it, the more I agree. With two daughters, I see crafts and rainy day projects as part of our future. How fun would it be to have a space they can use, I can also use with them and alone for my own creative ventures. I think this might go on my 2012 "to do" list. Have a look at my future craft room - maybe? Enjoy...

Clever wall storage

Love this basic piece that was painted to add some charm

And voila...here it is...kinda dreamy right?

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was a terrific room too. I wondered about having it on the 2nd floor though...could it be better placed near the family room? Regardless, a great family space! We're currently renovating our basement and one room will be my office and "do stuff" room. Kinda-sorta like this! ;-)
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete